This article describes how to increase JVM heap size of Upsource services and why you might want to do that. Note: this article doesn't cover Cassandra-related settings, please refer to this article instead.
- Upsource services consume all memory
- New commits are not getting indexed
- Some (all) revisions are stuck in "indexing in progress" state
- Web UI is extremely slow
In the example below we'll change Xmx for upsource-frontend service:
- Stop Upsource with <upsource_home>/bin/upsource.sh stop
- Set new Xmx value with <upsource_home>/apps/upsource-frontend/bin/upsource-frontend.sh configure -J-Xmx2000m
- Start Upsource with <upsource_home>/bin/upsource.sh start
To change heap size for other services (upsource-cluster-init, hub) just replace all mentions of upsource-frontend in the steps above with the required service name.
To view current JVM options for a service, use the following command:
<upsource_home>/apps/<service>/bin/<service>.sh list jvm-options
If this didn't help, please submit a request with attached logs to the Upsource Support team.