To investigate performance issues we most likely would need a performance snapshot. Below are the steps on how it could be taken:
- Download and install YourKit application for Java from https://www.yourkit.com/home/ on your machine. It's not necessary to be an Upsource server, but any machine with GUI.
- Navigate to <upsource_home_dir>\conf\upsource-frontend folder.
- Create a file called upsource-frontend.jvmoptions and copy there all content from the upsource-frontend.jvmoptions.dist file, located in the same directory.
- Uncomment the line that starts with @yourkit.
- In that line replace %YOURKIT_AGENT_LIBRARY_PATH% with your actual path to libyjpagent.so file (it's an agent file that can be found in this distribution - https://www.yourkit.com/download/YourKit-JavaProfiler-2019.8-b136.zip ). And specify any free port in the port value, e.g 10001.
- Start (or restart) Upsource.
- Open YourKit application, click on Connect to remote application and specify Upsource server address and connect to it. The application name will appear as upsource-frontend-wrapper.
- In the left top corner click to "Capture Performance Snapshot" icon, save it and attach it to the existing ticket or open a new one.