I have a few questions and comments about the updated Omni Search feature. This tool has found use by some of our non-deveoper team members such business analysts.They are enjoying searching our code base without caring what git repository the file is stored in. For this reason I am getting many usability questions about the search feature.
Cross Project File Search
1) We have 40+ repositories. How can I be guaranteed that all the repositories are being searched? I have run tests where I can say that the search results do not represent all the repositories. Is there an internal property value that I can increase that will allow this?
2) When searching for a file that exists in many repos, it takes a series of clicks (...) to keep searching. As you keep expanding the search the box, it gets too big for the screen. I was hoping for a full search page like the way the text search is handled.
3) If a full search screen did exist, a 'nice to have feature' would be the ability to export the search results in some way.
Cross Project Text Search
1) Same question as above. Can I be sure that all projects are searched?
2) The search results default to expand all code snippets. There is also no option to close it. Is there a plan to add this? It would be very useful if the option would exist to default the initial search to just the file names and so on. Many other areas do this already.
3) Not sure if this is a bug, but of the expanded search results, some of the snippets just render a blank box. Clicking on it shows the code, but this seems to be random. I have seen this on both Firefox and Chrome.
We find that EAP process for Teamcity very helpfull. It would be nice if the Upsource project had this as well.